Sunday, June 3, 2012

Friends Meddling in Relationships

A few years back i knew this couple where friends basically ruined the relationship. How'd i know? thats cause it was my relationship. i was with a guy who basically was no good for me. but my friends wanted me out and i felt that it was not their place to tell me what to do. and boy were they right. the funny thing is the guy would use my best friends as the reason why things went wrong with us. he would say all this nasty stuff to them and i felt like i didn't know what to do. and then i learned something that he let slip. HIS friends were meddling in our relationship. so here was a guy who was telling me that my friends should butt out but it was his friends that he was letting butt in. hypocrisy much.

Lately i been thinking how much do friends meddle in relationships. do we let them meddle because they know us best? or do they meddle just for the sake of it? i guess it depends on the situation and no i am not trying to sugar coat this explanation. if we ask them for their opnion or their advice, we basically are giving them the open door to meddle. however, if they meddle without us asking them yeah they might just want to feel important. now i'm not saying this is how everyone is. i will admit i have done my fair share of meddling but to me its just to make sure my friends are happy and alright.

I think that maybe we should step back from meddling and look at our lives. a wise man told me that people who speak and meddle in other people's problems are just afraid to face their own problems. is he right? what do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment